Saturday, November 23, 2013

Blog Free Houston Holiday Event

Yaaay! Its my favorite time of year. The holidays are here!
Are the holidays special to you?
What's your favorite part? Decorating? Food? Presents? Or just spending time with loved ones?
Like everyone I like all those! But did you know 2 in 10 people are struggling to put dinner on the table?
Yes 2 in 10!
Hunger is a big crisis here in the U.S as well!
I've been there, I've been that person. I know how it feels. It's the worst feeling to always worry whether there would be enough to eat. Not only to eat but for gas, for clothes, for bills, not to mention unexpected expenses!
Charity is something I would one day want to be big on. I've even given from my own EBT benefits to help out a person in need. Because even though things were tight I knew somehow we would make it by.
We've never been homeless but going through what we've been through my heart has a special place for people in need.

So next time you're in line to pay for your groceries and you see someone not having enough, having to need to put things back to have enough, will you help? Do a good deed? Put a smile on someone's face, make a difference? Will you?

Star of Hope Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to meeting the needs of homeless men, women and their children.
Positive life changes are encouraged through structured programs which focus on spiritual growth, education, employment, life management and recovery from substance abuse.
Star of hope is funded through public and private donations, the United Way, churches, civic/community groups, corporations, grants and foundations and are assisted by more than 7,000 volunteers. But they are always in need of supplies!

This year I am glad to be apart of a group of bloggers(Blog Free Houston) and we all got together to might I say #payitforward. We did not do this to just get together and socialize but we all gathered donations to help Star of Hope


The event was also hosted at the beautiful 4 star Royal Sonesta Houston . The Royal Sonesta Houston has been newly renovated and might I say, it's gorgeous! With great rooms, great food, great service, and overall great features I definitely recommend this Hotel. I can also say it's kid friendly, the staff loved our babies and were happy and willing to help with anything we needed. It was definitely a great stay.



Independent Mami and I loved the great lighting on the restroom that does a great help with getting ready.
The rooms were nice and roomy with a nice sized tv and a desk that my son was able to do homework on. Decor was nice and not boring or over the top.

I have to thank Lisa Carey from Money Saving Parent for putting everything together! She's super great!

No comments:

Post a Comment